Bowling Green | Kentucky | United States | 42102
The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure the AP department is delivering exceptional service to SEWS North American operations to provide timely and accurate payments of all invoices and payments by instituting best practices. This position contributes greatly to the continued development of the Finance organization through people and process improvement. The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing the company accounts payable process and cash management function in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
Relocation assistance available to those interested candidates outside of the Bowling Green area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages the full cycle Accounts Payable process including maintenance of general ledger, journal entries and vendor relations; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
· Prepares account reconciliations for Accounts Payable accounts and other miscellaneous accounts. Compiles disbursement information, audits the weekly check register, maintain contract payment information to ensure control of disbursements. Balances and reconciles disbursement data on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis to ensure accurate recording of costs and related liabilities.
· Establishes external banking relationships. Manages and oversees bank accounts and banking transactions to include set-up and maintenance of vendor information and payments made through check, ACH and wire.
· Maintains daily cash controls on bank accounts. Approves cash account reconciliations.
· Develops, recommends and implements cost reduction activities to include policies and procedures to govern the payment of invoices to the advantage of the organization in terms of cash flow and discounts.
· Manages supplier, associate and guest payment systems. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
· Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
· Manages corporate credit card program. Acts as liaison between SEWS and card issuing bank.
· Oversees periodic audits of assigned functions using accounting best practices.
· Provides accounting assistance and responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs. Acts as a liaison between the company and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
· Supervises cash management and accounts payable staff. Plans, schedules, and directs the work of the accounts payable unit.
· Selects and hires associates. Trains and evaluates to enhance performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field required
· 8-10 years of experience in accounting including 2-4 years in middle management supervisor capacity
· Foreign currency experience preferred
· Excellent organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, coworkers
· Ability to operate efficiently and professionally under pressure within an open office environment
· Ability to learn new ERP accounting software as well as a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.