The ADA Specialist, in conjunction with Corporate Medical, will have oversight and responsibility for the Return to Work Program (RTW) for both the non-occupational and occupational leaves and claims. This includes linking to all parties involved and overseeing all activities associated with returning employees back to work. The Specialist will be in close communication with internal and external partners, such as Corporate Medical, Legal, EEO/Diversity, and treating physicians.
The ADA Specialist will support the business strategy to enhance the productivity of the workforce by returning injured, disabled or temporarily injured employees to the work under the Return to Work Program as soon as medically feasible. The Coordinator will collaborate with key stakeholders to facilitate the return to work interactive process and determine program eligibility.
Knowledge and Experience
• Previous manufacturing experience in handling reasonable accommodation requests in a manufacturing/production environment.
• Previous Customer Service/Claim experience in Leave of absence administration, Disability Case Management and Benefits Administration.
• Clinical experience.
• Knowledge of employment and disability employment laws (ADA, FMLA, WFLA and OFLA) and Workers’ Compensation is required.
• Knowledge and ability to evaluate functional demands of job analysis.
• Education and training skills with employees, supervisors and managers about disability and return to work process.
• Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities and excellent follow up skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and interact with employees at all levels within the organization and medical professionals.
• Self-motivated with excellent listening skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint and pulling data from multiple sources.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Professional level experience in leave management, disability claim management and benefits administration.
• Demonstrated ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to set priorities and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new procedures and process quickly and work independently to solve problems.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with employees with disabilities.
• Knowledge of return to work best practices, principles and disability early intervention strategies.
• BS/BA Degree.
• PHR and/or CPDM certification preferred.
• CDMS (Certified Disability Management Specialist)
• CCM (Certified Case Manager)
• Certified Vocational Expert, Rehabilitation Counselor, or any other vocational professional whose expertise meets the needs of the team.
• Administer all aspects of the Return to Work Program, including Transitional Work Assignment agreements, to ensure compliance with Return to Work, Americans with Disabilities and leave of absence policies and associated disability related legislation (ADA, FEHA, State and Federal Family Medical Leave Act, Pregnancy Disability Leave and Workers’ Compensation).
• Facilitate workplace accommodations with the employee’s supervisors/managers so the employee may be able to return sooner and safely. Act as a liaison with all members involved to determine potential restrictions and/or modifications for the employee.
• Work with STD, LTD, FMLA/LOA and the Insurance Group (WC) to coordinate all return to work activities for employees.
• Provide exemplary customer service to employees, supervisors, HR etc. and provide information on the return to work process and associated workers compensation benefits to injured workers.
• Prepare and review job descriptions and conduct job analyses.
• Implement training for stakeholders including managers, supervisors and all employees at site locations on the benefits of early return to work.
• Track and report RTW performance measures and review statistical reports showing the financial benefits of early RTW.
• Perform weekly audits on claims to determine return to work opportunities.
• Manage confidential case notes and records in line with appropriate legislation and guidelines.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Manage complex claims as required
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.