San Diego | California | United States | 92121
This is a contract position for the Analytical Chemistry group to provide analytical support for the enzyme development projects and enzyme production. This position will focus on the characterization of enzymes, their reaction products, and fermentation metabolomics. We are looking for a scientist with a hands-on approach to analytical method development with expertise in separations and spectroscopy. Priority will be placed on candidates with backgrounds in proteomic mass spectrometry and fermentation metabolic analysis.
· Educational requirements are a MS in analytical chemistry or related discipline with at least 5 years of biotech experience, or a PhD and 0 to 3 years of experience.
· Strong knowledge and background in developing separations of small and large molecules is required. Applicable analytical methodologies include, but are not limited to HPLC, LC-MS (QqQ and QTOF), and GC-FID. Experience with NMR is a plus.
· Successful candidates will be skilled at developing high throughput analytical methods, optimizing existing analytical methods, operating and maintaining analytical instrumentation, and providing timely reports of data. Critical thinking and complex data analysis is required for this position.
· Additionally, a good understanding of databases, custom reporting, macros, and other techniques to aid in data analysis and reporting is desired.
· The candidate needs excellent communication skills and will be working in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must also be able to manage and deliver on several project deadlines concurrently and with minimal supervision. Being a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude is an absolute requirement.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.