Warren | United States | 48093
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leader to find an Area Supervisor responsible for manufacturing technicians and material coordinators.
As an Area Supervisor you would be responsible to supervise and facilitate activities of production employees to satisfy customer build, quality, and cost requirements.
* 1. Direct personnel engaged in production ,and monitor or recommend measures to ensure output in accordance with quality and schedule expectations.
* 2. Train manufacturing personnel in proper safety, quality assurance and manufacturing techniques.
* 3. Facilitate team-based problem solving of employees in determining root causes of any problems and corrective actions.
* 4. Interpret job orders, specifications and priorities to personnel and assign duties. Review work to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
* 5. Coordinate and expedite flow of material, parts and assemblies among responsible personnel, as well as departments, in accordance with determined schedules.
* 6. Complete and maintain various records regarding ordered parts and materials, production output, safety and other related elements in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
* 7. Facilitate an environment where all employee’s opinions and perspectives are valued, understood and responded to.
* 8. Actively participate in problem solving, continuous improvement and teaming activities utilizing the following methodologies:
§ Maintain product and process controls utilizing Dynamic Control Plan (DCP) methodology.
§ Lead problem-solving activities utilizing 8D and Poka-Yoke methodology.
§ Strive for quality improvement and cost reduction utilizing continuous improvement methodologies.
§ Support training and development of new team members.
§ Work in and promote team work.
* 9. Maintain and utilize Statistical Process Control (SPC), Quality Operating System (QOS) measurables and all
*10. Maintain and verify all quality gaging, Poka-Yokes and mistake proofing devices in accordance with Company engineered specifications.
*11. Verify and maintain just-in-time inventory based on established pull systems.
*12. Ensure that equipment is serviced as required, utilizing Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) methodology.
*13. Set-up all equipment in the entire cell to accepted engineering standards, utilizing quick changeover methodology.
*14. Control tooling costs.
*15. Follow scrap/rework procedures.
* 1. High school graduate or equivalent with knowledge of production activities and techniques. Two-year Associate’s program preferred.
* 2. Hands on knowledge of manufacturing processes.
* 3. Skills in working with mechanical equipment.
* 4. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
* 5. Ability to lead and motivate people.
* 6. Ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately.
* 7. Ability to lead team-based problem-solving activities.
* 8. Ability to demonstrate interpersonal communication skills.
* 9. Working knowledge of Quality Operating Systems procedures.
*10. Supervisory training preferred.
*11. Experience with working in a unionized environment.
Position Type: Direct
Job Location: Warren, MI
Compensation: $60,000 - $75,000
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.