Hammond | Indiana | United States
This is mid-level professional and responsible work providing assistance to the Plant Controller on accounting related issues such as providing assistance with month end closings, preparing financial statements, forecasting, cost accounting analysis, budgeting, overseeing accounts payable, preparing annual financial plans, issuing monthly financial statements, and maintaining sub-ledgers.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
· Assists the plant controller in directing company functions to include establishing and maintaining its accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
· Analyzes financial data to assist in the preparation and evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports and present findings and recommendations to appropriate personnel.
· Reviews detailed monthly expenditures reports for each department, prepares adjusting entries using the general ledger, and audits reports for coding errors and duplicate payments.
· Monitors accounts payable and accounts receiving to ensure that all A/R billing and A/P invoicing has been posted for month end.
· Conducts a variance analysis of actuals/budgets of financial statements.
· Responsible for financial reporting; reporting and analyzing financial information for internal and external users.
· Updates the plant controller of the preliminary monthly results, provides potential adjustments, and finalizes results.
· Analyzes and reviews the monthly financial data to ensure process was completed properly.
· Prepares or assists in the preparation of summary analysis on departmental results that accompany monthly reporting packages.
· Reviews the monthly balance sheet and analysis and make comparisons of past in order to accurately forecast future balances.
· Reviews system generated monthly cash flow statement in order to gauge the position of the company.
· Responds to inquiries regarding the review and filing process for the documents.
· Serves as the primary contact for external auditors to include establishing timelines, resolving audit issues, providing information to auditors when required, and disseminating information to relevant personnel.
· Ensures requirements pertaining to accounting and disclosures are addressed.
· Reviews corporate accounting memoranda to ensure accuracy.
· Generates monthly journal entries to the general ledgers.
· Suggests processes, and reporting and documentation improvements to streamline work.
· Researches and resolves accounting issues with financial and operations departments.
· Reviews and posts journal entries and ensures monthly account reconciliations and analyses are completed in a timely manner.
· Maintains all ledgers and sub ledgers to ensure accuracy of all financial reports.
· Prepares daily cash management reports and bank reconciliations.
· Reviews accounts payable, payroll, cash receipts, credit and collections, trade, accounts receivable and various billing activity.
· Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner to include the monthly financial close, customer billing, sales tax returns, vendor payments, and employee obligations (i.e., paychecks, terminations and expense reports).
· Develops a rapport with other departments in order to effectively complete assigned tasks.
· Provides recommendations to the plant controller pertaining to the continuous improvement of accounting controls and other financial and administrative practices and procedures.
· Assists with the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of accounting systems that comply with generally accepted accounting principles, tax requirements, and management reporting requirements.
· Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of budgeting, general and cost accounting systems, as well as the preparation of financial and management reports.
· Assists in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of financial reports and statistics to management and outside organizations.
· Ensures that record systems and procedures are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
· Coordinates activities in the preparation of periodic audits by external and internal entities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP) as they apply to financial reporting.
· Knowledge of the Financial Accounting Standards Board rules and regulations as they apply to financial reporting and procedures.
· Knowledge of federal, state, and municipal laws and statutes as they apply to financial reporting.
· Knowledge of payroll procedures as needed to direct payroll activities.
· Knowledge of SOX requirements as needed to ensure compliance.
· Ability to plan, monitor, and review the work of accounting and clerical employees.
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial and accounting records as needed to make reporting decisions.
· Ability to prepare accurate and complete financial reports.
· Ability to communicate orally with department heads, auditors, and supervisor.
· Physical Ability to make fast, simple repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
· Physical Ability to lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Physical Ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Physical Ability to see, hear, and speak as needed to recognize and investigate discrepancies.
· Physical Ability to concentrate on a given tasks and not be distracted.
· Must be willing to work extended periods of time and alternating shift hours.
· Must be willing to work on weekends, holidays, or shift hours.
· Requires a bachelor's degree in a related and 3-5 years of consistent experience in an accounting related area.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.