Research Triangle Park | Durham | North Carolina | United States
Analytical Chemist will provide formulation research for product development (water based suspensions) applied to seeds/agriculture. This is an entry level role. However, the following is required:
- Agriculture experience
- Bachelor's in Chemistry
- Experience working with polymers
- Experience with surface chemistry (absorption, etc.)
This role supports Global Formulation Development
JOB POSTING: Associate Chemist (Formulation Technology), Strata 3.2
The main focus of the position is to conduct formulation lab activities that support the development, registration, and manufacture of new products and formulations for Crop Protection. The qualifying individual will be required to assist in designing and executing experiments, as well as interpreting laboratory results. Experience with safe laboratory practices, sample preparation techniques, quantitative analysis, data acquisition/interpretation, and report writing is required. This individual will work under moderate supervision as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team in Global Formulation Technology, Seed Treatment and Coatings.
Key responsibilities will include:
• The candidate will be required to perform a variety of well-defined formulation and characterization tests. This may include the operation of specialized characterization and application instruments/equipment.
• With supervision, the individual must be capable of analyzing, planning, and implementing test methods to help develop viable technical solutions. The candidate is also expected to be able to recognize and communicate potential technical hurdles and propose a solution-oriented path forward.
• Must possess strong communication skills. Can effectively communicate experimental findings in presentations and reports. Will be asked to document results and draft manuscripts to support registration and manufacturing.
• Strong team participation. Will liaise closely with key stakeholders from biology, application technology, and marketing. Demonstrates ability to understand project needs and can communication across disciplines.
• Understands safe lab practices and maintains accurate laboratory records.
Minimum Experience Required:
• B.S. in a scientific discipline such as chemistry or chemical engineering
• Fundamental knowledge of formulation science, chemistry, and/or product development
• Demonstrated hands-on laboratory skills, either in an academic or industrial environment
• Ability to adapt existing laboratory techniques and equipment, and contribute original ideas
• Multi-task oriented and able to manage tight deadline demands
• Team player with ability to build working relationships across functions and locations
• Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Serious safety focus, attention to detail, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Practical Laboratory Skills
• Formulation Science and Product Development
• Polymer Chemistry, Colloids, and/or Surface Science
• Experience with milling, pumping, and other processing/manufacturing procedures
• Experience with physical characterization techniques (rheology, particle size analysis, pH, etc.)
• Some activities may require the use of a half mask style respirator. Typical use is 5-15 minutes
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.