Herndon | Virginia | United States
· Lead Data Science Community: Build and formalize internal data science community incl. identified members from all departments
· Plan & meet: carry out regular internal meetings with data science community in person and remote incl. planning of relevant topics in alignment with data strategy, vision and user needs
· Identify and organize: data & analytics related use cases and needs across the organization and help organize into Data & Analytics portfolio
· Advocate: represent data science community, its mission and values within the company towards stakeholders and management
· Inspire: successfully onboard new members into the community including sharing of vision, mission, process, tools and needs analysis
· Advertise, promote and communicate: maintain regular communication cadence in person & through email, newsletters or updates via company intranet, lunch & learns or other opportunities, to highlight relevance and importance of needs, actions and output of Data Science Community towards stakeholders including management
· Actively involve and leverage other team members of the Data & Analytics team to assist with deliverables and responsibilities
· Perform stakeholder interviews to gauge understanding of needs and areas of support of members of community: technical, training, process, tools, skills, etc.
· Define and establish roles of data science community members: Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Specialists and Data Scientists
· Support, inform and participate in hiring of community resources via individual departments by educating about the importance and role requirement of Data Science Community members
· Lead data science community as an enabler to accelerate the implementation of data strategy across the enterprise by providing the means and knowledge required to cross-collaborate in systemic manner
· Endorse scaling of best practices and by demonstrating, showcasing, and telling of success stories
· Insource: inspiration for topics or engagement model of community members via external bodies such as meetups, groups, associations, or conferences
· Measure participation and value of data science community and contribution towards organizational goals
· Define vision, mission, and objectives of the data science community
· Define participation and rewards model for participating members (e.g. badges, curriculum advancement, certifications based on roles, etc.)
· Help with budget management and planning as part of overall Data & Analytics team responsibilities
· B.S. in Communications, Business Analytics, or degree in a discipline that fosters structured problem solving and creativity
· People oriented and enjoys interaction with people on regular basis in person, via phone or email
· Curiosity, needs to be eager to learn more about the needs of the individual participants of the community
· Alignment, able to ensure needs of the community are aligned with the overarching data strategy
· Interpersonal skills: can persuade and align needs across stakeholders regardless of age, status or biases
· Exceptional leading and communicating with groups & teams (in person & remote)
· Well spoken, not afraid to present to larger groups and uphold best practices/standards
· Extensive moderator skills to guide and navigate regular sessions with data science community members
· Ability to understand and translate needs into responsive actions
· Talent to identify and realize synergies amongst group members and leverage group dynamic
· Proficient with MS Suite tools
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.