Kansas City | Kansas | United States | 66115
Automotive Maintenance Supervisor (Stamping - 3 Shift Rotation)
Type of Position:
12-month contract position (likely for extension / possible for going direct)
Kansas City, KS
Negotiable (Generally $27/hr to $32/hr depending on experience)
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a major automotive manufacturer to place an Automotive Maintenance Supervisor (Stamping - 3 Shift Rotation). This role will operation out of a Contiguous Stamping facility. In this role, you will be responsible for two small teams composed of several different trades. You will maintain safety standards, direct people, maintain quality requirements, meet press stroke goals and reduce cost associated with generated scrap.
• 70% of the day will be on the floor (giving traders direction relative to running the press, stamping presses, or performing maintenance on dies)
• 20% of the day is administrative, working on continuous improvement in the department
• 10% of the day is interfacing with production. The maintenance side has to be in close communication to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• 2 direct reports (team leaders) who oversee a small group of skilled traders, pipe fitters, mill rights, die makers, and electricians, up to (21-25)
• Maintaining safe work environment, addressing safety manners with urgency
• Understanding of maintenance activities
• 2-3 years of experience in Manufacturing
• Mechanical background & knowledge
• Experience working in Union environment is preferred
• Electrical background (ability to troubleshoot electrical issues on equipment). Understanding the interface of control logic or controls engineering.
• Manufacturing experience is required, automotive is preferred but not required
• Stamping experience is preferred
• Associate Degree or higher (electrical or mechanical)
• Position will rotate across all 3 shifts, must be open to all 3 shifts.
• Working 9+ hours a day. The expectation is that you will arrive 30 minutes early and stay 30 minutes later to have transitional shift meeting with counterparts.
• Significant overtime possible (average of 10-20 hours per week… average of 16)
• “Fit For Work” physical is required
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.