Auburn Hills | Michigan | United States | 48326
The VWGoA Program Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of a group of related projects in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing the projects individually.
The VWGoA Program manager ensures the goals or objectives of the program are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The VWGoA Program Manager provides direction and guidance to Project Managers, shared resources, and/or multiple suppliers working on projects within the program.
The Program Manager often works directly with VWGoA Executive and VWAG General Management and drives program benefits management, stakeholder management and overall governance.
· Program Planning/Start-up:
o Analyzes business scenarios and strategies, develop internal proposals and plans, obtains executive approvals and communicates organizational direction.
o Aligns mission, vision, and values for the program to meet the objectives.
o Develops initial detailed cost and schedule for setting up the program and outline for the complete program.
o Develops a program architecture that maps out how the projects within the program will deliver the capabilities that result in the required benefits.
o Develops a business case for each project within the program and the strategic value of the proposed business change.
o Works with functional organizations to evaluate the impact of proposed business process changes.
o Identifies the key decision makers, stakeholders and their expectations and interests.
o Applies sound business judgment to overcome program difficulties with schedule, cost and quality.
o Identifies potential areas of opportunities and risk.
o Facilitates the establishment of overall program governance processes.
· Program Execution:
o Overseas and provides direction and guidance to Project Managers.
o Represents executive management to internal and external business interests in areas such as communicating business policy, strategy and direction.
o Establishes criteria for vendor evaluation and recommendation.
o Coordinates efforts between projects but may not directly manage them.
o Identifies, rationalizes, monitors and controls interdependencies between projects.
o Tracks contribution of each project to the consolidated budget, schedule and benefits.
o Manages risks and issues needing resolution at the program level.
o Identifies, monitors, mentors and evaluates Project Managers and Coordinators.
o Assists in task management and provide business advice to enable a more efficient use of executive resources.
· Benefits Management:
o Assesses the value and organizational impact of the program.
o Ensures targeted benefits are specific, measurable, actual, realistic, and time based.
o Assigns responsibilities and accountability for actual benefits required for the program.
· Stakeholder Management:
o Maintains solid understanding of stakeholder’s positions and relationships in the company.
o Assures accurate, consistent, and timely communications.
o Implements executive agenda helping drive organizational change.
o Drives for appropriate balance between Local and Group, Business and IT priorities.
· Program Governance:
o Develops, communicates, implements program specific, procedures and structure.
o Effectively utilizes Local and Group governance structures to ensure cross-organizational endorsement of program scope and approach.
o Implements and aligns VWGoA and VW Group AG’s processes to achieve an appropriate balance of cost, time, and schedule.
Skills / Knowledge:
· Leadership skills that can energize multidiscipline work teams are required.
· Sound understanding of Program and Project Management principles and all aspects of Project Management.
· Proven ability to design, develop and implement program and project management processes and systems across organizations.
· Sound knowledge of information technologies and systems development methodologies, business process re-engineering methodologies and organizational change methodologies.
· Proven Program Management skills over various project types: Multi-location, Multi-organization, Multi-vendor and capable of long- and short-term Program Planning, and execution from vision through implementation.
· Proven ability to communicate business issues clearly and effectively, drive execution, foster teamwork and work cross-functionally.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms to all levels of the business, including executive leadership.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills are required.
· Ability to communicate business issues clearly and effectively, drive execution, foster teamwork and work cross-functionally.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment.
· Understanding of financial and accounting practices.
· High level proficiency in program and project controlling processes.
· High level proficiency in MS Project.
Experience / Education:
15 + years of progressive experience in the following:
· Business Functional Area Expertise:
o Enterprise value chain (e.g. Forecast to Order, Order to Delivery, Demand to Payment).
o Financial Accounting and Controlling, HR, Training, IT governance, etc.
o Business Transformation (e.g. Organizational Re-Design, M&A, etc).
· Methodologies / Processes:
o Strategic Planning and Roadmap Development.
o Requirements Determination, Procurement, and Business Process Re-engineering.
o Global Process/Systems engineering, Organizational Design, and Change Management.
o Relationship Management/Business Consulting.
o Systems Development Methodologies (Agile, RAD/JAD, Extreme Approaches, etc).
· Portfolio, Program, and Project Management:
o Portfolio / Program planning, balancing, execution and reporting.
o Management of Programs in excess of $3M in Labor Costs.
o Management of large Programs in a multi-vendor, multi-national environment.
o PM functions as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
· Industry and Organizational and Relationship Management:
o Executive Level Communication experience, including program briefings, etc.
o Multi-national Program Management.
o Relationship management.
o Management of multi-disciplined, high-performance work teams and development groups.
o Execution of multiple, complex projects.
o Development of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
o A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required (Master's degree or equivalent is desirable).
o PM tools – Scheduling, financial, risk/issues, and communications management tools.
o PMP certification required.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.