Algonac | Michigan | United States | 48001
Saw Operator assists & supports the production of ergonomic assembly tooling equipment. We manufacture general assembly fixtures including door carriers, instrumental carrier and lift assists to a wide customer base throughout North America, within a highly competitive industry. As the Saw Operator, you will be instrumental in providing quality work while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Set up, adjust and operate a variety of equipment including an automatic, programmable or manual Saw and Drill Press.
· Load & unload raw materials on a Saw with use of overhead crane.
· Interpret blueprints to perform precise measurements with tape measure and calipers.
· Take pride in the quality of their work and servicing customers
· Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
· Will work closely with other team members to accurately fulfill customer orders on time.
· Maintain a clean and organized work environment
· Perform preventative maintenance and inspection on machinery including cleaning chips, changing blades, changing filters, drain and change hydraulic fluid.
· Housekeeping as it applies to job or work area.
· Additional duties as requested by management up to including operating CNC Machines, Welding/Fabricating, or CNC Bridgeport.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive and positive, with internal and external customers and coworkers. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School diploma or Associates degree from an accredited community college or vocational school Job related experience and/or training will be considered in lieu of post-secondary education.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to perform light physical activity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
Other skills and abilities:
· Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
· Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs
· Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
· Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
· Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Good verbal and written skills.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
· Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.