Plymouth | Michigan | United States | 48170
· A specialist in Product Benchmarking would need good communication skills to investigate various vehicle complete seat components and systems. This Specialist will provide technical investigation and data gathering to various internal customers, interfacing with program and/or product Engineering and SDT team members. They must demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and deliver Product benchmarking reports and set up of display information.
· Responsibilities include:
o Executing a new Benchmarking area setup
o Organize materials for investigation
o Order products from internal and external sources
o Initiate purchase requisitions
o Complete display data and detail investigation report as needed.
· Unique Challenges include:
o High level of management visibility and interface.
o Balancing multiple requests from differing internal functional groups, Subject matter Experts and the customer.
o On time, short timeline requests will be the norm
· Help Set up a new benchmarking area in our engineering complex. Address specific parts and product investigation requests. Utilizing basic engineering principles to evaluate comparable product designs for cost and process impacts. Complete Summary reports which will be distributed to various levels of the organization including executives.
· Interact with Subject Matter Technical Experts (SMTEs) throughout the assignment to better understand rationalization for how a part or assembly is deigned or built.
· Get exposure to engineering design methods which will allow for acquisition of knowledge in seat regulations, manufacturing process, strength of materials, durability, comfort and product appearance.
· Gain understanding of the interaction between design and manufacturing in product development and key cost drivers.
· Acquire knowledge in Design for Cost to evaluate various engineering designs in CAD while at the same time understanding and investigating the cost impact of those design decisions. This enables the VA team to assess the impact of possible design changes that can lead to cost savings impacts to the product.
Other position requirements:
· The Specialist needs to have good analytical skills and work effectively with internal and external customers / suppliers.
· CAD experience CATIA or Unigraphics an added plus.
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
· Technical degree or working toward one. High skill level in Microsoft Suites previous benchmarking work in automotive a Plus
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.