Algonac | Michigan | United States | 48001
Machinists must be able to set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. This includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
• Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as Bridgeport’s, lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
• Programming Bridgeport’s with Acer or Acu-Rite controls.
• Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
• Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
• Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
• Additional duties as requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive and positive, with internal and external customers and coworkers. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or Associates degree from an accredited community college or vocational school
Job related experience and/or training will be considered in lieu of post-secondary education.
Other skills and abilities:
• Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
• Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
• Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs
• Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
• Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
• Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
• Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.