Warren | Michigan | United States
Responsible for supporting training and business process activities for GPSC Direct Material Buyers globally with engagement of regional leads. Work requires knowledge of GPSC policies, procedures and training with focus on Advance Purchasing. Requires interface cross-functionally with areas such as Engineering, Legal, Tax Staff, Customer Care & Aftersales, Quality and Finance. Work requires considerable amount of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and deliver classroom training for GPSC core competencies with a focus on the Direct Purchasing community.
- Lead teams of cross functional members on various training projects
- Develop, implement and monitor Direct Purchasing policies/training content to provide GPSC with greater efficiency while driving global simplification.
- Interface with SMTs/PPMs to understand operational process issues and drive implementation of improvement solutions.
- Serve as training and business process subject matter expert (SME) for Advance Purchasing procedures and other key Direct Purchasing process.
- Enhance learning offerings based on GPSC community development requests/gap analysis and feedback provided for available courses.
Top Candidates must:
- Be skilled in designing and developing materials to convey both concepts and information to targeted audiences.
- Have knowledge of SAP system, Vendor Tooling module (preferred)
- Be an active member with the Institute of Supply Management
- Creativity, innovation and open minded to new ideas.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- High level of planning and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer software (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SAP, GDiMPS) and Sharepoint preferred.
- 2+ years of product buying experience, Direct (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.