Cranston | Rhode Island | United States | 02910
This position requires an Associates Degree or equivalent. 4 years minimum experience. Basic understanding of internal business practices.
RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL: Under general supervision, provides entry level drafting support for engineering departments.
1. Prepare drawings of piece, parts, and assemblies involving selection of scales, dimensioning, detailed views, sectional views orthographic projects from sketches, layouts or verbal instructions. 2. Prepare layouts of piece parts, developments or simple assemblies.
3. Utilize CAD system to prepare drawings and layouts as related to job.
4. Assist in CAD database maintenance through archiving of finished projects.
5. Write macro language programs to improve CAD productivity by reducing or eliminating interactive commands to create repetitious geometry or drawings.
6. Prepare bills of material and prelists using computerized bill of material system.
7. Prepare order edit data for manuals.
8. Check work of others that is similar in type and complexity to that which is personally performed.
9. Train less experienced drafters in areas of technical and practice knowledge.
10. Maintain established schedules by directing work of others.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of drafting room procedures such as retrieving and applying information from drafting manual, purchasing and manufacturing specifications for preparation, release and revision of drawings.
12. Demonstrate knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance as related to job.
13. Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes such as tooling limitations as defined by drafting manual.
14. Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
15. Exercise leadership of drafters.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.