Iselin | New Jersey | United States | 08830
The position of Lab Technician/ Instrument operator entails working in the Petroleum refining group as part of our Fluid Cracking Catalyst testing team. The candidate will work as both an instrument operator and a general lab technician in a high throughput lab environment.
The candidate should possess:basic laboratory skills while also possessing the ability to both troubleshoot, maintain and potentially repair instrumentation. Our group uses multiple instruments, including LECO, HORIBA and multiple ACE® units. ACE® units are small scale test unit that are used by petroleum refiners, catalyst producers, research centers and institutes for the purpose of FCC catalyst evaluation.
The desired candidate will possess:
• A high degree of accuracy both in documentation and sample preparation.
• Interpret results and make logical conclusions based on available data.
• Demonstrate the ability to troubleshot and diagnose testing equipment.
• Perform routine inspection, cleaning and basic repairs of the ACE units.
• A strong desire to work within a research laboratory environment and understands the principles and importance of data quality and safe operation.
• Possess a good understanding software/hardware interface. • Have the ability to comply with Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
• The individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment and will be required to communicate both written and verbally across all levels of the department.
• The individual should have the ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• The individual should be proficient and comfortable working with a variety of software platforms for the purpose of instrument control and reporting of results. Experience with OpenLAB is a plus. Full competence in Microsoft Word and Excel is a must.
• Previous experience working in the Petrochemical industry and/or operating an ACE® unit is highly desirable.
• High school diploma or GED
• Laboratory testing experience
• Computer and test equipment experience
• Excellent safety standards
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Associate’s degree or Operator Certification from technical/community college
• Bachelor degree in a scientific discipline
• Experience working in the petrochemical industry
• Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical ability
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.