Holland | Michigan | United States
SHIFT: * sun - wed 8 pm -= 6:30 am with some OT required and a $6 shift premium
Setup, operate, and program CNC equipment to produce precision Fogg parts in a timely manner. Includes modifying, or repairing parts or assemblies, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
1. Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
2. Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
3. Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
4. Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
5. Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
1. Program, setup, and operate cnc mills. Machine parts to specifications on detail prints provided, or as instructed. This may include programming your own parts as well as other parts in the department.
2. Set up tooling, work pieces, and CNC machine offsets as needed.
3. Supply and maintain measuring, and set up tools, which are common to the machinist’s trade.
4. Record part set-up, programing, and run time through Counterpart when necessary for tracking of time on specific jobs.
5. Monitor due dates on the process sheets, and complete all work as scheduled.
6. Deliver parts to other departments in the plant as necessary.
7. Provide verbal, and written feedback to appropriate members of the manufacturing group.
8. Perform work, and cross train on various positions or equipment as required.
9. Maintain a professional appearance at all times, representing Fogg in a professional and courteous manner.
10. A quality check is required on all parts that you manufacture. This may be an internal or external process.
11. Work overtime when approved and scheduled by your manager.
12. Maintain safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties daily. Including, but limited to trash, coolant, work area etc.
A. Internal Contacts - Work with other members of your department, and all other Fogg members to solve work related problems.
B. External Contacts - Periodically with customers of Fogg Filler Company touring the facilities.
1. High School diploma preferred.
2. Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
3. Must have good manual and verbal dexterity.
4. Must be able to work independently.
5. Programming experience preferred.
1. Exposure to oil, grease, coolant, solvent, and paint.
2. Moderate-sized equipment utilized around work area.
3. Moderate exposure to noise; hearing protection provided.
4. The basic nature of the job requires precaution to avoid potentially serious injury.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.