Research Triangle Park | Durham | North Carolina | United States
The Communications Specialist will execute the public relations plan that has been authorized by the Media Relations Manager while taking ownership for developing strong content, maintaining an appealing/engaging social media presence, and building strategic partnerships with executive stakeholders and external media sources.
The goal is to heighten visibility and drive action internally and externally in harmony with the Senior Vice President’s initiatives for client in year 2020 along with members of the executive leadership team across the organization. Will also partner with colleagues within the communications department as they manage sustainability initiatives and product stewardship.
• Implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
• Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players, including local media, business leaders and community stakeholders.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to generate content and ideas in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
• Research and write content, including press releases, editorial articles, thought leadership pieces presentations, speeches, talking points, media briefing documents, infographics and content for the company website.
• Create compelling content focused on key business priorities and topics, including sustainability, stewardship, diversity and inclusion, STEM and ag education and hunger relief.
• Arrange and coordinate media relations activities for local and community events.
• Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies, and keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
• Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
• The ability to create compelling and dynamic content through engaging storytelling that promotes the brand.
• Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills to represent the brand with key internal and external stakeholders
• To be a strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
• The ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
• To stay current and up-to-date with current media trends and technology - constantly looking for ways to improve processes and bring creative ideas forward
• The ability to be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
• To be a problem solver that’s skilled in adapting to changing circumstances in a busy environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in communications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
• Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
• Content writing experience for all media platforms.
• Proven social media expertise and strong knowledge of social media platforms and engagement strategies.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• A portfolio of work available for review.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.