Warren | Michigan | United States | 48092
Provide technical support for Configuration Management (CM) activities for all Oshkosh Defense vehicle systems as necessary as required by various government contracts. This is a technical administrative support role. Will be working with many departments to get information to assist with preparing government deliverables.
Soft skills needed - good listener, attention to detail, strong communication skills, able to get information. Supportive working within a team. Diligent in on-the-job training, and self-sufficient once ramped up on a project/ task.
Experience with these Business tools is a plus - 2D drawings/ prints (Adobe Acrobat), PTC Windchill, Pro-E/ CREO CAD, Sharepoint, MS OFFICE)
Engineer background is a plus, but not required for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on government contracts within configuration management activities and deliverables
- Assist in the preparation of contract CDRL requirements for Configuration Management
- Communicate and work with other Oshkosh Defense groups to coordinate, issue and log control numbers to ensure accurate tracking records, and is the primary person for formal submittals of various Government contractual submittals Class I and II Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Configuration Change Documents (CCDs), Request for Deviations (RFDs), Request for Waivers (RFWs) (if applicable), and others as required
- Prepare, log, monitor, and submit to the Government for classification concurrence if required, all engineering change requests to Oshkosh Defense vehicle systems classified by the Configuration Manager or Associate Configuration Analyst
- Communicate with Government customers on all Configuration Management questions/issues as directed by CM Manager. Log and report all questions/issues to CM Manager
- Understand and comply with the uniform use of department and corporate policies, procedures and standards as relevant to CM and change control referenced in Government contracts
- Maintain, prepare and submit CM Status Accounting Record Logs electronically through secured Government electronic web base systems
- Provide CM support with Program Management, Bill Writers, Contract Administration, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Service, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Training, and Finance as needed
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of work activities to help manager prioritize correctly so that assignments are completed and to make the most effective and efficient use of time around changing workloads. Work closely with manager to define work priorities
- Prepare, review, deliver and track revisions to Technical Data Packages (TDPs) as required by Configuration Management for Government contracts
- Reviews and track released engineering changes and change data to document activities
- Perform other duties including administrative duties as required or assigned to ensure contractual deliverables are met and departmental goals are achieved
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS •
-Associate’s degree in business, or in a technical field such as design/ drafting, and 3-plus years related experience, or…
-Bachelor’s degree and internship experience
**Prior gov’t Security Clearance is a strong benefit. Though not required for the assignment.
Experience with reading Prints/ Drawings
Ability to proactively solve problems & meet established deadlines/contract deliverables
Strong computer skills required including Adobe Acrobat, MS Office and SharePoint
Preferred to be familiar with DoD contracts and government contracting process
Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with customers and other departments within the company
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.