Hoffman Estates | Illinois | United States | 60192
To provide controls and software designs for systems integrated at America Midwest in line with the objectives and strategies of America Midwest and the General Industrial Division (GID).
· Work as part of an execution team and assume complete responsibility for the controls design function of assigned projects.
· Provide controls designs for systems, including system architectures, electrical schematics, panel layouts, and machine interfaces.
· Provide application software of PLCs and HMIs, both in house and onsite for systems.
· Provide application program development for Robots for systems.
· Provide specifications in conjunction with Mechanical Engineering for purchased equipment such as conveyors and end of arm tools.
· Interface daily with project managers and team members to meet system execution requirements.
· Interface with customers and vendors to meet system execution.
· Maintain and track personal workload.
· Execute design tasks using AutoCAD.
· Assist in technical support during integration of America Midwest systems.
· Support sales and applications engineering with engineering expertise.
· Provide technical assistance to customers.
· Other duties as assigned.
o Knowledge of National Electrical Codes and industrial controls design practices.
o Knowledge of industrial robotics automation and programming.
o Proficient in AutoCAD (200i or later) and industry standard drawing practices.
o Knowledge of ANSI/RIA R15.06/199 and industrial safety standards.
o Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
o Ability to work with internal and external customers to understand their needs and provide appropriate solutions.
o Experience with any arc welding, spot welding, CNC and paint processes is preferred, to support out integrators and end customers that integrate these processes as well as our ONE initiative.
o Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
o Minimum 5 years of industrial controls design experience.
o Wiring and troubleshooting experience.
o PLC and HMI programming experience.
o FANUC robot programming experience preferred.
· Physical Effort and Dexterity:
o Proper use of a personal computer.
o Ability to move freely in office and industrial facilities.
o Extended standing and sitting activities may be required.
o Must be able to travel to vendor and/or customer facilities for the purpose of business meetings and/or plant site visits.
· Visual Acuity, Hearing, Speaking:
o Good visual acuity, hearing, and speaking is required.
· Environment and Scheduling:
o Willing to work occasional overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
o Occasional overnight travel to customer site.
Core Training Requirements:
· The following training is required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Employee orientations
· Electronic mail and pc skills
· Safety training
· Hazard communication training.
· New hire quality/ESP training.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.