HRU has teamed up with a major player in the automobile industry and is looking for a Controls Engineer! Qualified candidates will have an Electrical Engineering Degree and 4+ years experience. Cognex / Keyence experience desired! This position is scheduled to start as a 12-month contract with likely extension/direct hire. Must be open to all shifts! Rate to start at $40/hr+ depending on experience and full benefits are available!
This individual will be responsible for program execution and plant floor production support for machine controls, vision, laser marking and robotics, in a manufacturing environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is required, as well as a high level of independent judgment.
• Design and troubleshooting of electrical controls systems
• Design, construction, integration, installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment and tools
• Provide technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
• Update and maintain controls documentation
• Support equipment build/runoff & buyoff process
Basic Qualifications Required:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience as a controls engineer, or automation/controls troubleshooting for industrial machinery
• Strong technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated basic understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, and process requirements involved in the manufacturing process
• Ability to assist in all aspects of installation and improvement projects and sub-projects within the manufacturing areas relating to machine controls, vision and related disciplines. Responsibilities include specification, design, estimating, hardware/software integration, installation, commissioning, cost control and documentation.
• Experience in PLC programming, HMI programming, and Ethernet networks
• Strong Allen Bradley Controls System Background
• Knowledge of Fanuc CNC, Siemens step 7 & 840D system
• Knowledge of servo motors, motion control, vision and drives
• Ability to design and troubleshoot electrical controls systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage challenging projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
• Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing floor activities
• General knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic control systems
• Ability to use a computer, common controls and automation applications, and learn new systems
• Demonstrate initiative by reaching beyond assignments to improve output and/or help others
• Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach/lead others
• Willingness to travel if needed
• Cognex / Keyence vision systems
• AutoCad Electrical
• Laser Marking
• High level of administrative and project management skills
• Prior work experience as a Controls Engineer in the automotive industry
• Knowledge of Global Controls Architecture
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Master's Degree in Engineering
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.