Warren | Michigan | United States
The Plant Floor Systems Execution Engineer is responsible for supporting the automation execution teams and plants with technical issues resolution, providing technical direction, executing PFS common processes and procedures and driving continuous improvement. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity
where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment. Work may involve development, testing and piloting of advanced process technology.
Individual will be working on a new project with electric trucks. This is a new project that is scheduled to go through 2023, so there is potential for extension (based on performance).
- Travel will be required to destinations to South East Michigan
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Provide Plant Floor Systems technical execution support for North American assembly operations as required
- Provide technical expertise on the design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of the PFS systems
- Providing technical direction and oversight to outside vendor sources
- Work may be independent in nature, or require the assistance from plant personnel.
- Support project teams with commissioning of PFS system throughout North America.
- Support plants with root cause identification of process and/or PFS related issues.
- Act as direct interface between IT and the execution teams as well as other support organizations
- Audit PFS hardware and software implementations for adherence to standards
- Drive solutions using common systems and global standards
- Provide PFS Execution training and guidance to suppliers and execution engineers
- Create, maintain and improve PFS standardized work, processes and procedures
- Actively gather and drive closure of lessons learned
- Travel as required
- Certified in General Motors Tooling Systems with knowledge of Common Controls Hardware and Common
- Controls Software Standards, Networks, and Scalable Error Proofing system.
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask
- Ability to provide technical direction to others face-to-face and remotely
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Multiple different ME assignments with successful individual achievements or strong team-based achievements
- High level of engineering and problem solving skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Thorough knowledge of the GA tooling and manufacturing processes.
- Previous GM experience is a huge plus
- Working Knowledge of plant floor systems including Error Proofing, Production Monitoring and Control, Andon Systems,
Upload/Download and Compare, Throughput and Material Call
- Prior Work Experience on General Motors Tooling Systems with knowledge of Common Controls Hardware and Common
Controls Software Standards
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing related IT systems used by General Motors including Global Standard Inspection
Process (GSIP), Global Enterprise Production and Information Control System (GEPICS), Global Production Monitoring
and Controls (GPM&C) and MASS (Upload, Download and compare).
- Working knowledge of GMIT Launch Processes
- Plant job assignments 2-3 years
- Demonstrated maintenance of technical competency in relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor and product design manufacturability
- Need to be able to learn "on the fly"
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma required (experience is more important than education)
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.