Battle Creek | Michigan | United States
HRU has teamed up with Kellogg's Company to find a Culinary Innovation Manager for it's Battle Creek, MI research facility. This position will require travel to Chicago as well. We are looking for graduates of culinary school that are extremely creative and have 3-5 years of experience in a culinary research and development kitchen. If you are looking for a great career change and want to work for an international company, this position could be for you!
The Culinary Innovation Manager is responsible for producing irresistible foods that establish Gold Standards within our customer brand portfolio. In this role, you will work collaboratively with multiple teams, suppliers, co-packers, and Design Houses to develop new foods with incredible taste and wow factor! The ideal person for this position will be a combination of a chef with food science exposure and a strong understanding of the industry. Most importantly, this person will be a foodie who loves to try new foods from different cultures, and will not settle for mediocre products.
· Manages day-to-day operation of facility; directs and manages kitchen staff.
· Produces, records, and offers up for review Gold Standards for new food development.
· Establishes and enforces Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensures SOP’s are in place and enforced.
· Establishes a standard pantry list, inventories this list, augments this list, and procures these items and helps to ensure a minimum inventory is on hand at all times.
· Works collaboratively with the Engine Room and Process Lab to ensure a smooth transition from discover to Gold Standard to prototypes.
· Manages and prepares food for special events by writing menus, shopping lists, and equipment lists; preps, cooks, serves, and supervises clean up of same.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Knowledge of SharePoint, SAP DMS/Recipe Management and ESHA Genesis Software
· Basic Math Skills
· Comfortable with Public Speaking
· Member of the Research Chefs Association in good standing with a desire to achieve their Culinology Certification
· Possible member of American Chef Federation
· 3-5 years working in a qualified Culinary Research & Development kitchen
· 3-5 years working in a progressive, high-end restaurant with global ingredient focus producing an a la carte menu.
· Experience in a pilot plant and manufacturing setting preferred.
· Culinary School Graduate (AOS or BA)
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.