Beachwood | Ohio | United States | 44122
The Customs & Foreign Trade Specialist will assist the Customs & Foreign Trade Manager with ensuring compliance with Customs and other governmental agency requirements; adhering to company’s import, export and cross-border policies/procedures and educating internal team members on same; performing product compliance/classification reviews; monitoring Customs broker and freight forwarder activities/partnerships; conducting internal audits and government reporting procedures; and performing special projects related to Free Trade Agreements, C-TPAT, Duty Drawback, etc. This role must understand and enforce Customs & Trade laws, policies, and best practices, while helping to identify opportunities to make day-to-day operations more efficient and reduce applicable duties and tax implications.
• Work closely with freight forwarders and Customs brokers regarding classification, duty rates, documentation requirements, tracking to ensure efficiency and compliance for export declarations, import entries/reconciliations
• Work proactively and provide guidance to internal departments to ensure international business activities are conducted in compliance with applicable regulations
• Respond to CBP and US Census Bureau requests; manage shipment seizures, inquires, or investigations
• Release Trade Blocks for export orders
• Monitor foreign trade developments (embargos, sanctions, EAR, OFAC, etc.) for import and export controls
• Audit service provider invoices for Customs & Foreign Trade activities
• Engage with Duty Drawback consultant and provide needed data/reports to maximize company eligible benefits
• Handle Customs duty payment/reconciliation activities
• Maintain import and export related master data (SAP ERP, SAP-S/4 HANA GTS)
• Record Retention activities/coordination
• Perform special projects or other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience with Import / Export / Cross-Border processes and compliance to Customs regulations required
• Understanding of U.S. Customs and other relevant government agencies
• Working knowledge of Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Harmonized Tariff System
• Experience with Customs security initiatives (C-TPAT / PIP) preferred
• Knowledge of NAFTA / FTA requirements and procedures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be resourceful, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and team-oriented
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong SAP experience is required
• S4 Hana experience is a big plus
• Cross-functional experience in Supply Chain and Customer Care is preferred
• Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (days); some overtime will be required, but it will be limited.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.