Grand River | East Lansing | Michigan | United States | 48825
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leader to find a Deputy Environment, Safety, Health, and Quality Manager to guide organization elements in respective environment, safety, security, health and quality issues.
In this role you will lead project safety and quality programs.
· Lead and implement project safety and quality programs, by obtaining environmental licenses and permits and assuring compliance with NRC and OSHA regulations and implements policies and procedures to reduce accidental losses and protect company assets; ensure vendor, contractor, and customer safety
· Oversee the development, documentation and administration of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 certified safety and quality management systems.
· Generate and obtain approval for documentation including: the Environment, Safety and Health Plan, the Quality Assurance Plan, , the, the Fire Hazard Analysis, the, the Safety Assessment Document and the Personnel Safety for Cryogenic Operations document, Accelerator Safety Envelope, Accelerator Readiness Review.
· Develop and administer the occupational radiation protection procedures and controls
· Integrate ESH&Q factors into the design, installation, commissioning and operations and initiate operational readiness reviews
· Supervise the ESH&Q functional staff
· Act as a resource and subject matter expert for internal and external customers in matters relating to environmental, health, safety and quality concerns
· Direct strong structured safety and quality processes to drive a positive safety and quality culture, insisting on consistent implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures
· A degree in Physics or a related discipline as well as relevant technical and extensive managerial experience in the Environment, Safety, Health and Quality fields, including experience with NRC regulations, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including the hourly workforce, group leaders and the Executive Management team, as well as regulatory and external customers
· Prior project management experience or formal project management training
Position Type: Contract to hire or Direct Hire
Job Location: East Lansing, MI
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.