Southfield | Michigan | United States | 48033
Must be full proficient English/Spanish bilingual.
The primary function of the Design APQP Engineer is to be the lead interface between the Customer and Lear on all pre-production activities as well as manage all the Customer APQP Launch activities; provide Program Launch Support and interface with Engineering to confirm and verify compliance to LPMP milestones.
Education Required: Bachelor degree in Engineering or a technical field from an accredited institution
Minimum Experience: Minimum four (4) years working in the within an applicable environment.
· Participates in all product development and launch activities (including program management system specific actions) which includes the identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and ongoing production test support.
· Support launching facilities as required in all aspects of Plant and Program readiness before/during pre-production build events.
· Serves as Lead interface for the Quality organization between Engineering, Program and Plant teams.
· Monitor Profile/LPMP management and drive/enforce adherence to LPMP deliverable standards.
· Lead Appearance Manual development through pre-production build events. Ensure design/manufacturing issues are properly documented at manufacturing feasible levels and read across to all applicable facilities.
· Support and/or interface with Lear internal quality teams supporting the same customers in different regions globally.
· Document, Monitor and Verify the effective implementation and Read Across of Launch, Quality, Warranty and Customer Lessons Learned across all applicable facilities.
· Perform Post-Launch Lessons Learned Analysis and lead, verify effective read across of those items across all future launches.
· Develop, Manage and Execute a Roadmap to Customer Satisfaction across all applicable facilities.
· Language – proficient in Customer’s business headquarters native language
· Language – proficient in Spanish
· Competent in quality tools, and process/production control methods such as:
o Expert in APQP Process and Profile System.
o Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
o Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
o Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
o Competent in quality tools, and process/production control methods such as:
§ Control Plans
§ Problem Solving and analytical skills using 8D methodology
o Understanding Quality Systems, internal and external
o Able to communicate fluently in English (writing and speech)
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.