Oshkosh | Wisconsin | United States | 54903
This position will be focused upon sustainment engineering activities for a Heavy Tactical Vehicle platform. As production and supply chain environments continually evolve, legacy design and drawing packages require evolution as well. This position will be in communication with other core technology engineering teams, purchasing, quality, and manufacturing, to assist in clarification of any obsoleted or lack of design definition within said design package. Will be called upon to assist in customer requests for information, proposals, technology integration requests, engineering change proposal preparation to any required address bill of material changes.
Perform high level, non-supervisory engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
2. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
3. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
4. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
5. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
6. Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
7. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
8. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
9. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
10. Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
11. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
12. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
13. Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
• Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, ABET Accredited
• 3-plus years related experience
Must meet ITAR requirements
• Experience with a high level cad system - Catia
• Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
• Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.