Research Triangle Park | Durham | North Carolina | United States
HRU has teamed up with a major chemical manufacturer and is looking for a DevOps Automation Engineer! Amazing opportunity to join a industry leading team. Candidates must be local to the area. Please read full description! Position will start as a 12 month contract with likely extension. Full benefits available and pay based on experience starting at $45/hr.
The DevOps Automation Engineer will work from the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina site location to support the cloud expert by implementing and automating deployment and integration pipelines for cloud services and applications for DevOps automation engineering services at a global level.
Research Triangle Park, NC (Must work onsite. Must be local)
The work schedule is typically during general business hours Monday through Friday. Although an on-call rotation does not exist, there may be isolated occasions during the year when scheduling flexibility becomes necessary to meet business objectives.
· Provide assistance to the cloud expert by automating CI/CD pipelines to improve specific R&D Informatics internal cloud applications
· Improve and fix the gaps to make cloud applications production ready
· Integrate DevSecOps “security” concepts into the project
· Interact with our cloud expert daily on progress
· Assist in on-premise and cloud operational activities
· Continuous documentation
· Continuous troubleshooting and problem solving is required
· Proven experience with GitLab pipeline automation and code management, CI/CD pipelines and tools
· Strong experience with (AWS) cloud using various automation tools. Familiarity with “DevSecOps” concept and ability to apply its methodology into the cloud design.
· Python coding expertise along with demonstrated understanding of “git” versioning.
· Demonstrated experience of “infrastructure as code” concepts as well as solid experience with Linux operating systems and (cloud) networking topologies.
· Flexible team player with strong ability to collaborate and engage with staff to develop new solutions. Eagerness to learn new technologies and skills.
· Above average communication skills are needed. Ability to adapt to change and provide collaborative input at all levels
· Coding skills using tools and programming/scripting languages including git, python, bash.
· In-depth knowledge and experience with CI/CD pipeline best practices.
· Above average Linux experience: aLinux, Red Hat or CentOS 6-8.
· Cloud environments experience: AWS (preferred) or Azure.
· Ticketing systems experience is required (i.e. JIRA)
· Understanding of basic network technologies, tools and services.
· Packer, terraform or similar skills (Software as Infrastructure)
· Understanding of Linux authentication methods such as LDAP.
· VMWARE: creating a virtual machine, changing properties, starting/stopping, making snapshots etc.
· Datacenter activities: rack/stack/cable etc.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.