Snyder | Nebraska | United States
This individual will be responsible for the electrical design of custom fire apparatus. Tasks include drawing schematics and harnesses, creating manual content as well as operational and troubleshooting guides for customer and shop associates to meet our production schedule. This individual must have the ability to interface with all levels of a manufacturing organization, and have a proven track record as a designer. As part of a multi-disciplinary team this designer will produce designs that meet cost, quality, reliability, performance, and serviceability targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce engineering documentation such as schematic drawings, harness drawings, design manual content, and operation and troubleshooting guides.
• Designing 120/240VAC systems.
• Designing 12V automotive systems controlled by programmable nodes.
• Develop engineering bills of materials that are complete, accurate, and on-time
• Process approved engineering change requests.
• Coordinate design requirements, application reviews, and engineering releases with selected suppliers.
• Develop test requirements and coordinate component and system testing, including analysis results and participation in the testing, as required.
• Identify and implement design improvement projects directed at reducing cost and improving product performance
• Complete complex circuit analysis for responsible systems.
• Provide support to Spartan Emergency Response production and customer service, apparatus companies and end-user mechanics for apparatus electrical systems.
• May represent Spartan Emergency Response at industry and technical forums.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering with background in complex machine or vehicle product design.
• At least 2 years’ experience of analytical and "hands on" engineering experience in product and system development.
• Emergency vehicle design experience and strong working knowledge of engines, chassis, pumps and other mechanical systems is a plus.
• Additional skill areas include creative design, cross-functional teamwork, working with suppliers and manufacturing.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability in bringing engineering projects to completion, on time and within budget.
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
• Energetic, motivated, team player.
• Thorough understanding of the production operations and design integration.
• CAD experience with emphasis on 2D drawings.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.