Kingsport | Tennessee | United States
HRU has teamed up with a major leader in advanced defense technology and is looking for an experience Electrical Engineer! Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and experience in electrical/chemical manufacturing. Must be a US Citizen. This position is 1st shift and will start as a 12-month contract. Full benefits are available and pay will start at $50/hr. depending on experience.
Primary Job Functions
• Develop electrical and control systems designs for transformers, motor control centers, lighting, bonding and grounding, lightning protection, instrumentation, networks, fire alarm systems, PLC control panels, and schematic wiring drawings
• Work with designers and drafting personal to create project documents
• Develop instrument and electrical equipment specifications
• Perform sizing and analysis of medium to low voltage electrical equipment
• Support PHA/HAZOP studies, Level of Protection Analysis (LOPA), and Safety Instrumented Systems design
• Support team in development of designs and specifications for conduit and wiring systems, seals, and devices to meet Hazardous Area requirements for flammable vapors and dust environments
• Perform analysis and develop calculations to support designs that meet applicable codes and standard including the National Electric Code
• Analyze existing plant infrastructure and recommend upgrade plans and strategies.
• Support design reviews and development of responses during design and construction activities
• Support development of subcontract scopes-of-work
• Experience in development of Instrumentation and Valve Specifications
• Experience in the design of PLC based control systems
• Experience in the design of industrial chemical manufacturing facilities
• Expertise in National Electrical Code requirements for industrial facilities and hazardous locations
• Safety Instrumented Systems Design
• AutoCAD, Microstation, and etap software experience (Preferred)
• 10 years related experience in electrical engineering of chemical, petrochemical, or similar facilities
• Professional Engineer (PE) license (Preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.