Reston | Virginia | United States | 20191
This position is working on
leading the implementation of the $2B Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Investment
Plan. This role is committed to creating and facilitating a highly visible,
reliable, interoperable and driver-oriented Electric Vehicle (EV) charging
infrastructure network to support the increased adoption of Electric Vehicles
in California and the rest of the United States. It will create the “Gas
Stations of the Future” by investing in a range of current and future charging
technologies that will provide ubiquitous access to EV drivers along highways,
in metro areas, at multi-unit dwellings, at workplaces and in ridesharing
programs. In addition this role will also invest in initiatives to increase the
awareness and education of driving electric and will support a number of
strategic ‘Green Cities’ projects in California. Through corporate programs, investments
will enable millions of Americans to discover the benefits of driving electric.
The Engineer Charging Technology reports to the Sr. Manager, Chief Engineer and is responsible for the development, test & validation of Charger and Technology portfolio (incl. L2, DC, High Power DC and Battery Storage). In this role the Sr. Engineer Charging Technology should have an extensive background in product development, quality assurance, testing, engineering documentation. In this role the candidate will utilize corporate Charging Center of Excellence to test & validate charger technology with support of outside vendors.
1. Test and validation of continued feature development and enhancements (20%).
2. Drive root cause analysis of field failures and failures in a lab & testing environment (20%
3. Work closely with the engineering departments of suppliers to drive results and development timelines (15%).
4. Report development progress to the Engineering team (15%).
5. Track technical issue lists with suppliers (10%).
6. Provide technical support for operations team (15%).
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Experience with root cause analysis
• Problem solving
• Technology savvy – skilled development of hardware & software
• Electrical Engineering background or equivalent
• Bachelors degree
• Experience in development projects (incl. power electronics, charging controls, inverter technology, and battery storage).
• Experience in analyzing complex electrical systems and pragmatic problem solving.
• Excellent analytical & computer skills
• Demonstrated record of precision & integrity in past work assignments
• Demonstrated high level of initiative
• Support the integration of new hardware into Electrify America’s overall ecosystem (5%)
• Masters Degree
• Expertise in UL, NEC, SAE, UL, ISO standardization regarding Charging technology.
• Six Sigma certification
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.