Lansing | Michigan | United States
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leader in Water/Utility production systems to find a direct hire Electrical Engineer.
In the role of Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining electric, water, steam, and chilled water production facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution facilities. Activities include investigations, studies, estimating, economic evaluations, budgeting, scheduling, designing, drawing, and project management.
· Provides technical knowledge and design services for multi-discipline projects such as substation construction and expansion, transformers, large and small horsepower motors, variable frequency drives, lighting, and metal enclosed switchgear.
· Develops detailed designs and critical design calculations, material, equipment and construction specifications, bid documents, construction drawings, system start-up and operating procedures, etc. in compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
· Solicits bids, evaluates bids, and recommends awards. Selection of equipment for various power and control electrical systems. Perform complex, specialized engineering assignments as the technical expert with the ability to conduct required research, evaluate data, and prepare clear and well-documented reports giving recommendations and/or presenting findings, and make presentations to Management.
· Ensure project needs for administrative approvals, legal/safety/environmental reviews, permits, easements; licenses, etc. are identified, properly obtained and complied with in a timely manner.
· Complete assignments within appropriate quality guidelines, budgets and schedules to achieve overall objectives.
· Ensure that project documents, drawings, and records are properly monitored, filed and maintained.
· Studies, monitors and evaluates systems, equipment and structures to develop project plans, scopes and conceptual designs using engineering studies, field investigations, O&M records and data, customer input, design and operating/performance criteria, plant operations and maintenance personnel input, outage requirements, etc.
· Keep abreast of industry laws, codes, standards and regulations.
· Follow and enforce the Safety Manual and wear personal protective equipment as required.
· Attend training for safety awareness or skills improvement as required by supervisor, or governmental agency such as MIOSHA.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university, with 6 months to five years of related experience.
· Thorough knowledge of principles, practices and methods used in the construction of electrical systems; thorough appreciation, understanding and experience of economics and project management.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Auto-CAD, and Project Scheduling software (e.g., Primavera or MS Project).
· Knowledge specific to Substation Protection and Control, large transformers, large and small horsepower motors, variable frequency drives, or metal enclosed switchgear.
· Working knowledge of National Electric Safety Code and National Electric Codes.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Job Location: Lansing, MI
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.