Sterling Heights | Michigan | United States
The Power System Controls Engineer position is responsible for vehicle power electronics hardware design.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop vehicle power electrical and electronics specifications
- Design vehicle power electrical and electronic systems and components
- Design and analyze Electric Generators/Alternators and motors
- Design analog power circuits to include IGBTs, MOSFETs, etc.
- Assess suppliers’ power electronics designs for compatibility, operability, and adaptability for GDLS-developed products
- Analyze and simulate vehicle power electronic capabilities
- Verify, tune, and validate controls, hardware, and software
- Troubleshoot controls, hardware, or software issues
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience. Fewer years of experience will be considered with an advanced degree.
- Experience with analog circuit design which focuses on electronic hardware for control and/or power conversion systems
- Experience with resolving circuit functional and performance issues with analysis (e.g., frequency analysis), simulation (e.g., PSpice, MatLab, etc.), and testing
- Experience with high voltage power electronics circuit board schematic capture and layout (using such tools as Mentor Graphics, ORCAD, etc.)
- Experience with electrical machine/power conversion control theory & implementation
- Ability to occasionally travel, including to Canada
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.