Oxnard | California | United States | 93030
The technician conducts emission tests on vehicles including exhaust emissions, road testing, misc. testing in a climatic chamber. Furthermore, the technician ensures accuracy and conclusiveness of the test results, manages test data, both paper and digital media, and reports all results to the Emissions Lab Manager for further evaluation and feedback. The requirements also include ensuring the accuracy of calibration work on instrumentation of emission test equipment. Operates and controls test cell systems.
• (Work schedule based on business requirements (min. 40 hours / week ) including occasional Saturday and occasional overtime, required 2 Shift operation work hours 6AM – 3PM and or 3PM -12AM ( 6 months out of year PM shift mandatory)
• Often driving a vehicle in dynamometer incl. performance class, special training required.
• Commonly sit at a desk or in test vehicle
• Occasionally walk, stand, or stoop. Occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 pounds.
• 1-3 years of automotive industry experience
• High School Diploma
• Ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
• Basic/ intermediate ability with Microsoft Office applications
• Highly organized and dependable
• Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision
• Recent Automotive experience
• Solid knowledge of the English language
• Knowledge of emission testing processes
• Formal Customer Service Training
• Extensive Volkswagen and/or Audi diagnostic experience including VAS testers
• German and/or Spanish language skills
• Proficiency with ALL MS Office applications
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Excellent teamwork ability and strong interpersonal skills
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Problem solving
• Highly motivated self-starter with a high bias for action
• Demonstrates flexibility to work under pressure and multi-task
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.