Hammond | Indiana | United States | 46320
The primary focus of the Manufacturing Quality Engineer is executing product and process controls per the control plan in conjunction with the plant’s production team. Lead 8D problem resolution process for internal and external raised concern which includes close interaction with Customer Quality Engineer on the problem resolution updates.
· Ensure the ongoing compliance to the production control plans including the maintaining the document(s) through the life of the program.
o Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
o Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
· Perform process capability studies on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
· Participate in the modification of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
· Supervises the Manufacturing Process Quality Inspectors/Auditors. Responsible for the inspection/audit process and the output of the inspections/audits.
· Has the authority and the responsibility to stop any process or product delivery in case of a non-conformance of customer expectations, safety or environmental risks
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field from an accredited institution
· Experience 0-3 years
· Strong communication and coordination skills
· Ability to read and interpret drawings to ensure the understanding of the agreed quality parameters and product specific requirements
· Experience in relevant manufacturing processes and technologies
· Understanding of practical problem-solving tools using 8D methodology:
o Is-Is Not
o Fishbone diagram
o Affinity Diagrams
o Three legged 5 Why
o Experience in product, process and Layered Process Audits
· Working knowledge quality tools, and process/production control methods such as:
o Control Plans
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.