Charlotte | North Carolina | United States | 28273
Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will work in an industrial and lab environment at the Charlotte, NC site to keep all the equipment functioning and running safely. This role reports to the Facilities Group Leader and requires strong, hands on mechanical skills along with heavy operations experience in an industrial environment. This site makes additives for paints and resins for various different industries.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will be expected to:
• Use OSHA safety training/knowledge while ensuring safe operations and functionality of site equipment. Will use BASF safety and security protocols while following procedures for facilitation of contractor orientations, writing and issuing safe work permits, reviewing scopes of work and job plans, performing lockout/tagout of equipment and utilities, and ensuring that equipment and mechanical activities.
• Handle incoming deliveries including samples, mail, equipment and supplies.
• Pack and ship domestic samples and equipment.
• Maintain the Preventive Maintenance program for office and lab buildings, including completing work orders and coordinating with contractors for small equipment and minor building repairs.
• Troubleshoot and repair lab and building equipment. Will use external vendors for commercial work that cannot be done independently.
• Maintain supplies and stock items needed for the sites, including building maintenance and kitchens.
• Execute building maintenance, to include but not limited to replacing light bulbs, ceiling tiles and door knobs; minor plumbing repairs, carpentry and painting.
• Execute facilities maintenance and equipment shutdowns.
• Complete daily walkthroughs and inspections of buildings, infrastructure and utilities using pre‐established check sheets.
• Perform office moves, including moving furniture, disconnecting/reconnecting equipment, and installing wall furniture.
• Conduct setup and breakdown for site events, including rearranging conference rooms.
• Operate forklifts and hand-trucks.
• Complete other work-related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• 5 years of facilities work, building maintenance or small/large scale industrial maintenance experience
• Experience working with outside contractors
• Working computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Outlook) and operate in a team-based environment
• Technical school training in industrial maintenance
• Equipment troubleshooting and repair experience
• Plant operations and maintenance experience
• Carpentry and painting
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.