Charlotte | North Carolina | United States | 28273
Reporting to the Facilities Group Leader the technician will:
· Manage incoming deliveries including samples, mail, equipment and supplies.
· Manage packing and shipping of all domestic samples and equipment.
· Maintain the Preventive Maintenance for Administration and Lab buildings.
· Troubleshoot and repair auxiliary, lab and building equipment at the sites.
· Maintain supplies and stock items needed for the sites.
· Keep all lighting and ballasts changed (as needed) at the Westinghouse site.
· Maintain a log book for all incoming and outgoing samples, equipment and mail items.
· Procure maintenance and general shop parts / supplies.
· Operate forklifts and provide fork lift fleet management, including oversight of PM’s and maintenance.
· Manage outside contractor support, including scheduling, onsite support and safety orientation.
· Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
· Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
· Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
· Maintain housekeeping standards in the work area.
· Execute facilities maintenance and equipment shutdowns.
· Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs, making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
· Rearrange and clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas as needed.
· Reconfigures, installs, positions, and re-mounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, pictures, posters, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies, and hand trucks.
· Follow safety rules and promote their observance in performance of job duties.
· Maintain a professional appearance in an office environment.
· Manage Facilities Requests submitted from the sites.
· Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma
· 7 years of facilities work, building maintenance (hotels, apartments, offices, etc.), or small/large scale industrial maintenance experience
· Experience overseeing maintenance, construction, or general work activities
· Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook) and operate in a team-based environment
· Technical school training in industrial maintenance
· Equipment troubleshooting experience
· Experience with small motor repairs
· Plant maintenance experience
· Carpentry and Machining experience
· Licensed Electrician
· HVAC Universal Certified
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.