Union City | California | United States
The purpose of the Field Service Engineer is to provide customers with on‑site repair, troubleshooting, programming or maintenance services of FANUC robots and related system peripheral equipment on an emergency or unscheduled basis. Senior engineers have the experience to solve difficult problems on all controller platforms and take on a leadership role when multiple service engineers are dispatched on a call.
The remote service engineer will be located in the Union City CA area, within driving distance of the West office in Union City. The Field Service Engineer must be able to travel to a customer site on a moments notice and remain on-site for the duration of time required to perform the troubleshooting and repair functions. Assignments may involve long hours, night, weekend and holiday work. Air travel is sometimes required. Customers may contact the 24-hour Hotline or the remote service engineer for service requests, which are logged in the Technical Service Log by the person contacted. If the call is received by the Hotline, it is assigned to a Service Engineer by the Service dispatcher. It is the Service Engineer’s responsibility to schedule the call with the customer, identify and obtain any parts or software required. Upon the completion of the call a Field Service Report describing the problem, the corrective action and detailing the labor, material and travel expense costs is provided to the customer and then returned to the main office for processing.
· Ability to discuss, diagnosis & repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer or Hotline
· Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of robot controllers, electrical control devices, mechanical units, transfer devices and peripheral equipment
· Documenting robot and related peripheral equipment performance, failure modes and reporting results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system
· Daily reporting to the Service Supervisor & Dispatch to update status & availability
· Completion of a Field Service Report for each customer call
· Storage and maintenance of a service stock of parts commonly used on robot repair calls
· Perform warranty service on robot or system components
· Coordinate responsibilities, activities, and schedule with Service Supervisor to insure customer satisfaction, proper billing, and collections
· Communicate frequently with involved company employees and customer employees to insure that expectations are being met
· Return of parts shipped for the service call but not purchased by the customer or defective parts replaced under warranty
· Maintenance of a home office for coordinating activities in between service calls
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.