The Field Engineering Representative (FER) interacts with the customer and engineering to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret test for the Abrams and Stryker Program products, systems, subsystems, components, engineering change orders, and modifications. Testing includes Contractor, USG Developmental Test (DT), and Operational Testing (OT). The FER must be familiar with Operator and Maintenance level tasks for tracked and wheeled platforms. FER will perform direct platform level troubleshooting associated with software and hardware issues\failures to keep the vehicle available for testing, utilizing all available technical documentation (TM, IETMS, EBOM, BOM, C mod, ECO, GDV, Op Sheets, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings). FER will conduct real time direct phone calls to GDLS Reliability, Safety, Systems, and Subsystems Engineering to resolve all issues associated with troubleshooting hardware and software related incidents, test failures, vehicle configuration, installation of modification ECO hardware, and integration of hardware.
Provides daily progress reports via Daily Status reports, Engineering Logs, and Universal Incident Reports (UIR). FER must be familiar with Systems Engineering, Sub Systems Engineering, Reliability, Structures, Survivability, Program Office, Field Test, and integration concepts, practices, and procedures. Additionally, FER must be familiar with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, software, and fire control systems. Relies on extensive experience and technical judgment relating to operation and performance of Tracked & Wheeled Military vehicles to plan and support aggressive test schedules. The FER performs a variety of tasks to include extensive diagnostic troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems to include software functionality. FER will guide/direct mechanics, drivers, USG Test Directors, data collectors, soldiers, and additional crew members during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities. As required the FER will review USG/GDLS instrumentation plan package, and integration of equipment to ensure instrumentation does not introduce system or subsystems level faults/failures. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Additionally, the FER will be responsible for all other duties assigned. Test support includes but is not limited to the following USG Test Sites: APG, YPG, EPG, WSMR, RTC, CRTC, DPG.
· Must have excellent Customer Service skills.
· Must have 5-7 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
· Military experience preferred.
· Write and submit technical daily vehicle Test Engineering Logs.
· Write and submit Field Problem Reports/Universal Incident Reports (UIR) for Hardware/Software Issues/Failures.
· Provide subject matter expertise support and training to fielding team and USG testers as required.
· Perform Field Diagnostics of faults and initiate Root Cause Corrective Analysis/Failure Analysis.
· Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to troubleshoot systemic performance issues for automotive and weapons systems and recommend viable solutions for the customer.
· Must be technically competent using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT) and other computer software programs such as Team Center, Vis Mockup
· Must possess or be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Travel will be required approximately 15-20% of the time.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.