Minneapolis | Minnesota | United States | 55409
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of the Field Service Engineer is to provide customers with on-site repair, troubleshooting, programming or maintenance services and related system peripheral equipment on an emergency or unscheduled basis.
The remote service engineer will be located in the Minneapolis area. The Field Service Engineer must be able to travel to a customer site on a moments notice and remain on-site for the duration of time required to perform the troubleshooting and repair functions. Assignments may involve long hours, night, weekend and holiday work. Air travel is sometimes required. Customers may contact the 24-hour Hotline or the remote service engineer for service requests, which are logged in the Technical Service Log by the person contacted. If the call is received by the Hotline, it is assigned to a Service Engineer by the Service Dispatcher. It is the Service Engineer’s responsibility to schedule the call with the customer, identify and obtain any parts or software required. Upon the completion of the call a Field Service Report describing the problem, the corrective action and detailing the labor, material and travel expense costs is provided to the customer and then returned to Rochester Hills for processing.
· Ability to discuss, diagnosis & repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer or Hotline
· Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of Robots and controllers, electrical control devices, and peripheral equipment
· Primary responsibility is to support Robot products.
· Documenting products and related peripheral equipment performance, failure modes and reporting results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system
· Daily reporting to the Service Supervisor & Dispatch to update status & availability
· Completion of a Field Service report for each customer call
· Maintenance of a service tool kit and documentation to facilitate rapid customer response
Reference Document Job Description & Responsibility
· Perform warranty service on products
· Coordinate responsibilities, activities, and schedule with Service Supervisor to insure customer satisfaction, proper billing, and support collections activities
· Communicate frequently with involved employees and customer employees to insure that expectations are being met
· Return of parts shipped for the service call but not purchased by the customer or defective parts replaced under warranty
· Maintenance of a home office for coordinating activities in between service calls
· Provide technical support to various parts including Hotline, Sales, Training, Spare Parts, Component Repair, product managers and project managers
· Provide telephone based troubleshooting support to customer employees to resolve related peripheral equipment operational problems on as needed basis
· Provide informal on-site training to customers employees to improve the customers’ ability to effectively operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the robot and related peripheral equipment
· Collection of data as part of a Field Failure investigation for reoccurring problems that may be the result of a product design or manufacture error
· Robot and system programming and path editing of robots and related peripheral equipment to restore, maintain or optimize system performance
· Participate in the integration and/or installation of products and related peripheral equipment in order to fully understand its operation, performance requirements, and troubleshooting procedures
· Training /mentoring to other service and installation personnel
· Make customer courtesy calls independently as well as, with sales and cRc management
· Expert in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation.
· Ability to read and interpret PLC ladder logic
· Minimum previous experience with robots, controllers and peripheral equipment on RJ3iB, R30iA, and R30iB control platforms
Previous experience with FANUC application software and programming
· Previous experience with common robot applications (spot welding, arc welding, material handling)
· Ability to utilize common PC and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Ability to work safely and effectively within OSHA Laws
· Well developed technical writing skills
· Well developed technical communication skills
· Able to work at customer sites with little direct supervision
· Able to direct the activities of other employees at a customer site
· Bachelor’s Degree in an Applied Science or equivalent technical education preferred
· Five years Robotics Integration/Installation/Service Experience
· Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience
· Significant Travel Experience
1. Lockout/Tagout Training
2. Technical Service Log Training
3. Robot Mechanical, Electrical, and Programming Training
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.