Pittsburgh | Pennsylvania | United States | 15106
The purpose of the Field Service Engineer is to provide the company’s customers with on-site repair, troubleshooting, programming or maintenance services for Robots and related system peripheral equipment on an emergency or unscheduled basis.
The remote service engineer will be in the Pittsburgh area. The Field Service Engineer must be able to travel to a customer site on a moment’s notice and remain on-site for the duration of time required to perform the troubleshooting and repair functions. Assignments may involve long hours, night, weekend and holiday work. Air travel is sometimes required. Customers may contact the 24- hour Hotline or the remote service engineer for service requests, which are logged in the Technical Service Log by the person contacted. If the call is received by the Hotline, it is assigned to a Service Engineer by the Service Dispatcher. It is the Service Engineer’s responsibility to schedule the call with the customer, identify and obtain any parts or software required. Upon the completion of the call a Field Service Report describing the problem, the corrective action and detailing the labor, material and travel expense costs is provided to the customer and then returned to Rochester Hills for processing.
· Ability to discuss, diagnosis & repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer or Hotline
· Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of Robots and controllers, electrical control devices, and peripheral equipment
· Primary responsibility is to support Robot products.
· Documenting products and related peripheral equipment performance, failure modes and reporting results for troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system
· Daily reporting to the Service Supervisor & Dispatch to update status & availability
· Completion of a Field Service report for each customer call
· Maintenance of a service tool kit and documentation to facilitate rapid customer response
· Perform warranty service on products
· Coordinate responsibilities, activities, and schedule with Service Supervisor to insure customer satisfaction, proper billing, and support collections activities
· Communicate frequently with involved employees and customer employees to ensure that expectations are being met
· Return of parts shipped for the service call but not purchased by the customer or defective parts replaced under warranty
· Maintenance of a home office for coordinating activities in between service calls
· Provide technical support to various parts of the company including Hotline, Sales, Training, Spare Parts, Component Repair, product managers and project managers
· Provide telephone-based troubleshooting support to customer employees to peripheral equipment operational problems on as needed basis
· Provide informal on-site training to customers employees to improve the customers’ ability to effectively operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the robot and related peripheral equipment
· Collection of data as part of a Field Failure investigation for reoccurring problems that may be the result of a product design or manufacture error
· Robot and system programming and path editing of robots and related peripheral equipment to restore, maintain or optimize system performance
· Participate in the integration and/or installation of products and related peripheral equipment to fully understand its operation, performance requirements, and troubleshooting procedures
· Training /mentoring to other service and installation personnel
· Make customer courtesy calls independently as well as, with sales and cRc management
o Expert in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation.
o Ability to read and interpret PLC ladder logic
o Minimum previous experience with robots, controllers and peripheral equipment on RJ3iB, R30iA, and R30iB control platforms
o Previous experience with application software and programming
o Previous experience with common robot applications (spot welding, arc welding, material handling)
o Ability to utilize common PC and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
o Ability to work safely and effectively within OSHA Laws
o Well-developed technical writing skills
o Well-developed technical communication skills
o Able to work at customer sites with little direct supervision
o Able to direct the activities of other employees at a customer site
o Bachelor’s Degree in an Applied Science or equivalent technical education preferred
o Five years Robotics Integration/Installation/Service Experience
o Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience
o Significant Travel Experience
· PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY
o Must be able to accept the physical and mental strain of extensive and demanding travel itineraries.
o Must be able to work within potentially harsh industrial environments within the guidelines set forth in various OSHA Laws.
o Must be able to perform work on equipment mounted in often hard to access locations within an industrial facility.
o Must be able to stand on concrete floors or mezzanines to perform repairs and/or program for long periods of time.
o Must be able to perform intricate repairs on mechanical and electrical devices.
o Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs.
· VISUAL ACUITY, HEARING, SPEAKING
o Must be able to communicate clearly, effectively with customers and Robotics employees in industrial and business environments, which are frequently noisy.
o Must be able to perform essential functions in sometimes poorly lit or cramped areas
o Must be able to drive a vehicle on public roadways.
· ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING
o Must comply with OSHA Laws as well as “Robotics Safety Guidelines for Employees” and other related employment practices and policies.
o Must be able to work in a very stressful and demanding environment with high work schedule
o Must be able to work at customer sites for extended periods of time.
o Must be able to cope with demanding travel itineraries.
o Must be willing and able to work 2nd or 3rd daily work shifts for often extended periods of time.
o Must be willing and able to work overtime on an often-unscheduled basis.
o Must have good credit standing so that a corporate expense card can be provided in their name
o Must have & maintain reliable transportation for driving to customer sites
o Ability to use corporate pool vehicles and/or corporate vehicle plans
o Must be able to develop and implement plans for other service personnel on a customer site
CORE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
· The following training is required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
o Employee Orientation
o Safety Training
o Hazard Communication Training
o New Hire Quality/ESP Training
· Lockout/Tagout Training
· Technical Service Log Training
· Robot Mechanical, Electrical, and Programming Training
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.