Pittsburgh | United States | 15213
HRU has teamed up with a global robotics company to find a Field Service Engineer for its Pittsburgh, PA location. This is a long term opening offering competitive pay and full benefits package. The purpose of the Field Service Engineer is to provide customers with on-site repair, troubleshooting, programming or maintenance services for Robots and related system peripheral equipment on an emergency or unscheduled basis. If you are highly skilled with Robotics, have a Bachelor's Degree and are open to travel, this position could be for you!
· Ability to discuss, diagnosis & repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer or Hotline
· Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of robots and controllers, electrical control devices, and peripheral equipment
· Primary responsibility is to support robot products.
· Documenting products and related peripheral equipment performance, failure modes and reporting results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system
· Daily reporting to the Service Supervisor & Dispatch to update status & availability
· Completion of a Field Service report for each customer call
· Maintenance of a service tool kit and documentation to facilitate rapid customer response
· Perform warranty service on products
· Coordinate responsibilities, activities, and schedule with Service Supervisor to insure customer satisfaction, proper billing, and support collections activities
· Communicate frequently with involved employees and customer employees to insure that expectations are being met
· Return of parts shipped for the service call but not purchased by the customer or defective parts replaced under warranty
· Maintenance of a home office for coordinating activities in between service calls
· Expert in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation.
· Ability to read and interpret PLC ladder logic
· Minimum previous experience with FANUC robots, controllers and peripheral equipment on RJ3iB, R30iA, and R30iB control platforms
Previous experience with FANUC application software and programming
· Previous experience with common robot applications (spot welding, arc welding, material handling)
· Ability to utilize common PC and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Ability to work safely and effectively within OSHA Laws
· Well developed technical writing skills
· Well developed technical communication skills
· Able to work at customer sites with little direct supervision
· Able to direct the activities of other employees at a customer site
· Bachelor’s Degree in an Applied Science or equivalent technical education preferred
· Five years Robotics Integration/Installation/Service Experience
· Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience
· Significant Travel Experience
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.