Lansing | Michigan | United States | 48906
Picks orders for freight shipments (orders shipped out on pallets) to both foreign and domestic accounts. Packs and labels order for shipment. Required to fill out all of the necessary paperwork, minus what is filled out by the documentation specialist, for shipment. Required to use a pallet jack, fork lift, man-up or Bendi.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Pick, pack, label and fill out required paperwork for shipment.
· Verify that orders and paperwork have been completed accurately.
· Maintain a current valid certification for forklift use.
· Keep warehouse area neat and orderly.
· May work in other areas or departments as needed or assigned.
· Call in carriers for domestic pickups.
· Obtain freight quotes for domestic pickups.
· Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Quantity- Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
· Attendance/Punctuality- is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management directions and takes responsibility for own actions.
· Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Will exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Will include appropriate people in decision-making process.
· Initiative- Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school education or up to six months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be forklift certified or be certifiable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural documents.
Ability to perform routine, high school level mathematical operations
Access Software to look up inventory. Email- the ability to effectively communicate electronically.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds with the use of a hand truck or up to 500 pounds with the use of a pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles, and potentially hazardous chemicals, utilizing proper personal protective equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Some work is performed in a cold room.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.