Plymouth | Michigan | United States | 48170
Functional Safety Expert
The functional safety expert, working as part of systems engineering team, will Implement and maintain functional safety process (ISO26262) for the design and development of SAE Level 2 to Level 4 Connected and Autonomous Vehicles. The engineer must collaborate with the entire design team in the development of effective solutions for their implementation and validation, and to promote Functional Safety concepts to all of the product team.
Job Responsibilities （The qualified candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following）
· Develop safety work plans and ensure timely completion of deliverables internally and at suppliers.
· Perform hazard analysis.
· Develop functional safety and technical safety concepts.
· Support and perform various safety analyses at the system, hardware and software level.
· Develop and execute plan for the verification and validation of functional and technical safety requirements.
· Support the feature, systems, hardware and software teams in the completion of the ISO26262 work products. Work with them to manage the development per the safety plan.
· Work with the suppliers to complete and agree the DIA, and safety plan.
· Coordinate supplier delivery of functional safety work products within the program timing.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering required. Master’s degree preferred.
· 10 + years of working at Tier 1 or 2 supplier or OEM with knowledge of the functional safety standard ISO 26262 and experience in its practical application in ADAS product development.
· Experience in development of item definition, hazard and risk analysis, functional safety concepts, technical safety concepts, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA.
· Experience in electronics/ systems/ software design and development.
· Excellent communication skills with leadership traits.
· Highly self-motivated and able to work with little oversight in a collaborative environment.
· Extensive work ethic.
· Team player.
· Creative thinking.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.