Houston | Texas | United States | 77079
We are seeking a Global Category Buyer, Equipment and Materials, to support the day-to-day supply stream procurement activities for the assigned category mix.
Global Category Buyer, Equipment
You will support the implementation of category strategies. Also, you will provide regional input related to supply and demand market dynamics for the development of the category strategy. You will routinely engage with the associated business units and suppliers to align supplier capabilities with the Company's strategic priorities and explore creative and strategic supply solutions for new and existing Equipment
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Support the development of supply strategies for the North American region. Work closely with the business unit and the Procurement network to develop and implement sourcing strategies for products related to this portfolio.
• Lead and manage sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) for key strategic contracts and highly complex negotiations to ensure the most competitive supply advantage for the Company
• Provide relationship management for key suppliers, which will include monitoring performance metrics, resolving claims and/or disputes, market intelligence, and other contributing factors affecting supply availability and pricing of products procured.
• Conduct market intelligence research by interacting with key suppliers, industry associations, and internal stakeholders to collect industry relevant information and rationalizing to assess impact current and future to the company.
• Support purchase order creation and processing as appropriate.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• BS/BA required; Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain or related field preferred MBA degree is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience required; with experience in equipment Procurement
• Exposure to strategy development and contract negotiations is desirable
• Experience in industrial manufacturing environments is a plus.
• Experience in managing relationships across functional and regional teams preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to manage relationships with internal partners as well as suppliers
• Must be team-oriented, self -motivated, and capable of working in a multi-task environment with ability to make and implement decisions with limited information
Contract - 6 months with extension possible
Pay Rate - $42 to $46/hr
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.