Sterling Heights | Michigan | United States | 48310
- Design engineer, with emphasis on system and subsystem requirements analysis, development, integration, and test for functionality on medium-caliber turret platforms. Area of interest is lethality.
- Perform system, subsystem, & LRU-level requirements analyses across lethality functionality, identifying interfaces & functionality for multiple programs/platforms. Examples of lethality functionality include weapon motion, sighting system motion, fire control states/modes, weapon firing, sensors, actuators, crew station interfaces (e.g., displays, hand stations), & diagnostics, with support as needed to power distribution, embedded training, etc. All efforts include consideration for fully operational & degraded modes.
- Perform electrical hardware design (e.g., subsystem/system hardware interconnection design, supporting harness definition; schematic design).
- Support software and hardware development activities for make or buy items as required to ensure planned subsystem and turret-level test activities occur according to project plans.
- Prepare for laboratory/turret/vehicle integration/test by authoring test plans/procedures, defining test layout, power, harnessing, emulators, fault injection, etc.
- Perform hardware and software test in lab, turret, and vehicle environments to release new/modified designs and/or to investigate & troubleshoot issues. Such testing includes use of various types of test equipment (e.g., multi-meters, oscilloscopes, Ethernet/CANBus/RS-422/etc. bus monitors, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, custom test equipment). Includes consideration for model-based test and automated test.
- Summarize integration/test findings via test reports upon completion, working to identify corrective actions for issues.
- Support box-level verification/qualification tests as required, including environmental test.
- Analyze subsystem requirements and develop logic for flowcharts, state charts, state diagrams, and lethality algorithms for design documents.
- Support development, production, and fielding by investigating problem reports (e.g., engineering, manufacturing, or obsolescence problem reports) & resolving issues. Support development and release of design changes to address issues.
- Coordinate with other organizations, compiling input, providing status, and providing suggested course(s) of action as required.
- Support technical reviews.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Computer Engineering (BSCE) or Robotics preferred. Similar technical degrees may be considered if experience aligns with this Requisition's (electrical/computer-based) work description and other job requirements.
- Job primarily in the office and on-site in laboratory and/or turret/vehicle. Occasional travel to field, production, or supplier facilities required, including both domestic & international (largely Canada) destinations. Duration: typically =1 week. Infrequently =2 weeks.
- Specific experience with lethality or fire control subsystem elements not essential. However, experience within some commercial and/or military vehicle integrated subsystem preferred, with desire & ability to apply experiences to fire control subsystem.
- Hands-on experience with laboratory and/or vehicle integration/test preferred, including use of specialized test equipment (e.g., multi-meters, bus analyzers, oscilloscopes, data-recording devices) required.
- Experience with embedded processing development desired, using high-level (e.g., Labview, Matlab/Simulink) and/or lower-level (e.g., C, C++) development tools desired. Experience can be with integration/test tools (e.g., laboratory emulators) or with vehicle hardware.
- Experience with DOORS desired.
- Ability to meet essential Anthropomorphic Size Restriction (ASR) requirements to work inside turrets & military vehicles.
- Ability to lift and carry test equipment weighing 30 lbs required.
- Overtime, weekend, holiday, & off-hours work occasionally required to complete time-critical tasks.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Valid passport, or ability to obtain valid passport, required.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.