Plymouth | Michigan | United States | 48170
Intelligent Vehicle Engineer - HMI Systems Design
We are looking for an individual with expert knowledge of automotive HMI (Human Machine Interface) designs. This is a research and development position with our Intelligent Vehicle Group (IVG). The candidate should have experience with one or more Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) technologies (ACC, Lane Keeping Assist, Blind Spot Warning, Forward Collision Warning, etc.) and sensors (Radar, Camera, Ultrasonic, LiDAR, DSRC, etc.).
The focus of this individual will be the development of new HMI strategies to assist our move towards a connected and automated driving experience. We are seeking a creative individual who has the ability to conceive, design, prototype, demonstrate and then help move ideas into production. This role will require an in-depth knowledge of human factors and willingness to research, develop and actively prototype these technologies.
This position offers the opportunity to join a group in its formative stages and to participate in establishing the direction of the group. The role is primarily focused on research and development but will involve all levels of product development including helping take ideas to production launch. It will involve interfacing with a variety of groups including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, controls/software engineering, manufacturing, as well as suppliers / technical partners.
The successful candidate should be capable of both working in a team environment and taking initiative when work needs to be done individually. If you are excited about automotive industry, enjoy hands-on experiences and have ideas that you always wanted to implement, please don’t be hesitant to apply for this position!
Job Responsibilities （The qualified candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following）
· Working to create simple, consistent and stimulating user experiences in vehicle across a range of devices and platforms.
· Prototyping new HMI strategies both on bench and in vehicle.
· Work with development partners to create HMI hardware.
· Implementation of interactive HMI models.
· Investigate and evaluate new technology and trends.
· Determine software requirements, current and future for HMI technologies.
· Develop Driver Information and Driver Assistance HMI Functions.
· Develop Interface HMI specification for Systems Engineering capture.
· Assist in selecting software development tools.
· Interface with a variety of groups including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and sales.
· Support the development of test instrumentation or support hardware for product development purposes as well for mass production.
· Participate in design and code reviews.
· Advanced Degree. You must have demonstrable practical industry experience.
· 5+ years’ experience in HMI modeling and physical prototyping of HMI systems.
· Strong “hands-on" electrical, programming and software testing experience.
· Knowledge and experience of infotainment systems and appreciation of general ''online'' industry trends and directions.
· Ability to implement new concepts using a rapid prototyping approach.
· Experience in telematics industry.
· Significant advanced knowledge of Ergonomics, driver distraction issues.
· Knowledge of multimedia systems, current consumer technology trends.
· Ability to interpret circuit schematics.
· Experience in debugging new hardware.
· Experience with Visio and Visual Studio Software.
· Experience with Adobe Tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, or After Effects.
· Experience with low-level software development CAN, SPI, USB etc.
· Experience with Model Based Design using Matlab Simulink/Stateflow
· Experience with dSpace Hardware MicroAutoboxII
· Experience with Telematics and Head Unit design is a plus
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, Network programming.
· C/C++, Python, Java, C#, or similar programming experience.
· Experience with National Instruments LabWindows.
· Microsoft Office.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.