Columbia | Tennessee | United States | 38401
Reports to and supports Human Resources Manager by administering employee benefits and providing advice and service to team facilitators, supervisors and managers. Assists in recruiting, screening, interviewing and performing background checks and referring qualified hourly and salaried applicants to appropriate management personnel to maintain a quality work force geared to our progressive employment philosophy. Assists in payroll administration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Advise employees on benefits programs such as medical, dental, etc.
· Assists in payroll administration.
· Ensure that employees are aware of Human Resources policies and benefits programs on a continuing basis. Administers on a daily basis the benefits program including employee inquiries, problem resolution and data compilation.
· Responsible for advising management on Human Resources needs and issues within the facility.
· Assists in recruiting, screening, interviewing and performing background checks and referring qualified hourly and salaried applicants to appropriate management personnel to maintain a quality work force geared to our progressive employment philosophy.
· Assists the Human Resources Manager in planning, organizing, and presenting new employees orientation programs designed to project the plant's positive employment philosophy.
· Assists in the orientation of new hourly and salaried employees to the plant policies, procedures, regulations, safety rules, and fringe benefits including medical insurance and pension systems to assure that they understand conditions and benefits of employment.
· Works with the Human Resources Manager to promote employee involvement throughout the plant.
· Assists the Human Resources Department on updating computerized personnel databases, in compliance with federal, state and local laws; in the compliance and maintenance of accurate service records for active employees; in the maintaining of records for inactive employees; and, in the compilation and maintenance of appropriate affirmative action reports and all other reports as required.
· Assists in developing and writing policies and procedures affecting both hourly and salaried employees, i.e., Employee Handbook, Safety Program, etc.
· Assists in making job offers to hourly candidates.
· Monitors employee personnel transactions such as layoffs, recalls, permanent transfers, etc., to ensure all such transactions are in accordance with company/plant policies and procedures.
· Monitors employee activities related to plant welfare such as special events, employee outings, etc.
· Assist the Human Resource Manager in developing
· Coordinates / Tracks Leaves for all employees
· Coordinates all monthly reports for the Human Resources Department
· Assists in EEO1/Vets 100 Reporting
· Assists in AAP compliance
· Assists in the EEOC Compliance
· Assists in the Immigration Compliance
· Assists in the Investigation and Discharge Process
· Ensure PEER Review Process is kept current.
· Coordinates necessary training for all the employees.
· Has the responsibility and authority to stop production in the event of a quality or safety issue
· Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Human Resources Manager.
· Performs all roles and responsibilities as defined by the BOS System Policies and Procedures
· Actively participates in Health/Safety/Environmental investigations and the 8D process in order to develop root cause analysis for problem resolution as required.
· Ensure required Safety Audits are complete.
· Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies, and inform supervisor of known HSE&E conditions which could adversely affect other team members, assets or to the public.
· Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned areas.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree or three years related experience and/or training
· PC proficient
Experience Required & Preferred:
· Minimum of three (3) years in a similar position
· Sound working knowledge of HRIS systems
· Leadership abilities and ability to provide direction effectively are required.
· Knowledge of the following systems preferred: Kronos, Peoplesoft, Access and Lotus Notes
· Knowledge of the following systems required: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.