Holland | Michigan | United States
· Establish work standards through accepted time and motion techniques and maintain the work measurement system.
· Estimate standards and prepare cost estimates on new products or engineering changes as assigned by the Engineering Manager
· Justify value of product cost to customer
· Constant analysis of methods and manufacturing processes for improvement, simplification, revision, cost reduction and utilizing Kaizen
· Initiate new and revise existing plant layouts
· Audit current standards for changes and improvements in manufacturing processes and to insure a fair and equitable work measurement program
· Instruct manufacturing management and hourly employees in the application of industrial engineering programs
· Investigate methods change, layout revision, and cost reduction recommendations
· Derive and establish systems of standard time date for measuring entire classes of work
· Develop and initiate means of measuring indirect labor and other non-repetitive work
· Investigate and evaluate designated manufacturing problems, determine most suitable courses of action to remedy conditions and make recommendations to the Engineering Manager
· Gather, compile and analyze data and information on manufacturing operations and conduct special studies and projects as directed by the Value Engineering Manager
· Develop and design jigs and fixtures to improve manufacturing processes
· Participate in safety & Ergonomic teams and be constantly aware of safety/Ergonomic considerations in all activities
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager
· Safety: Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Relations Department and Manufacturing Engineering Department and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent program
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
· Strong time management skills and customer focus
· Advanced analytical problem-solving skills to determine root cause of issues.
· Prefer three (3) years in methods, standards and manufacturing processes, preferably in a JIT metal working or related industry
· Manufacturing Experience
· 3-5 years previous relevant work experience is required, preferably within the automotive industry.
· Microsoft suite and AutoCAD proficiency are required. Modapts experience preferred, but will train
· Must have a consistent employment record to include good attendance, and be capable of adapting to a participative teamwork environment.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.