Tuscaloosa | Alabama | United States | 35490
Position requires design, development, testing, and evaluation of integrated systems for managing industrial production processes. This should include human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination. The position requires a “hands on” approach and interaction with all personnel. Be prepared to part of a winning team with a “can do” attitude and there is no road blocks that can’t be overcome.
Typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using CAD.
· Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
· Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and standards.
· Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
· Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
· Design and develop new tooling, equipment, or automation which will increase production or address ergonomics.
· Work on the floor with Team members and Team leaders to develop all processes.
· Work on the floor with Maintenance technicians to trouble shoot problems or concerns.
· Accountable for the successful completion of assigned engineering tasks and preparation of engineering deliverables.
· Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
· Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
· Thinking Creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
· Training and Teaching Others -- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others
· Bachelor of Science in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
· Prefer a minimum of 2 years in a Manufacturing Environment.
· Must be hands on
· Familiarity with AutoCAD
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
· M.O.S.T. comprehension preferred.
· Electrical knowledge a plus.
· Allen Bradley PLC knowledge required.
· Allen Bradley PLC program experience a plus.
· Experience with Atlas Copco Torque equipment a plus.
· Knowledge of Fanuc Robotics a plus.
· JIT Environment a plus.
· CI/Six Sigma/Lean training a plus
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.