HRU has teamed up with Volkswagen Group of America to find an Electrical Engineer that specializes in Automotive Infotainment Systems for it's Chattanooga, TN location. This is a long-term contract offering a full benefits package, competitive pay rate and vacation/holiday time. If you have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, and vehicle infotainment experience, apply today!
Electrical Engineering Analyst, Infotainment Testing
The person will be responsible for testing NAR specific radio/media functions within the market. Testing will consist of static bench and dynamic road tests as well as all documentation, failure analysis and tracking with the suppliers and responsible colleagues in Wolfsburg, Germany. Ensuring that the test equipment is prepared to the correct version levels is also a requirement of this position.
Test Planning and Reporting
• Organizes testing activities on given function
• Reports and communicates results and critical issues to key project partners
Functional Error Resolution
• Provides documentation (failure report, tracing) on infotainment communication errors found during static and dynamic evaluation
• Uploads the documentation to the central database and follows up directly with responsible engineers for resolution
Test Equipment Management
• Ensure the test benches and vehicles are at the correct version levels
• Define and implement changes with the team as required
• 2-5 years of related engineering experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Experience with automotive infotainment control modules
• Experience testing infotainment technology and the interaction with in-vehicle systems
• Understanding of vehicle communication networks and the ability to capture communication traces
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Integration – joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Resource management
• German skills written and verbal are advantageous
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience with automotive infotainment control module root cause analysis
• Experience testing/releasing full vehicle electrical systems (module and functional testing)
• Experience with Volkswagen infotainment control modules
• Ability to trouble-shoot communication breakdowns within the network by analyzing the network communication
• Travel to the suppliers and VW facilities
• Frequent road testing consisting of 1-2 weeks on the road
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.